About Camp Consultation
The day and resident camps affiliated with JCC Association represent the largest network of Jewish camps in North America. Serving thousands of Jewish children, teens and staff members on more than 150 sites, JCC camps share a commitment to provide the highest quality camping experiences within unique Jewish environments. JCC camps dot the landscape of North American Jewish communities, and their programs reflect the JCC Movement’s core mission of enriching Jewish life and fostering the spiritual, emotional, and physical development of our youth.
In order to provide leadership and support to JCC camps, JCC Association’s camping services department offers affiliated day and resident camps:
- A fulltime camping services director and Merrin Center professionals, who are all dedicated to providing impactful camping services.
- Specialized onsite consultation in the areas of facility and site planning, operational management, staff training, crisis response, programming and other areas.
- Representation of JCC camps in the development of strategic relationships and partnerships.
- Coordination of conferences and professional development programs, including multi-day annual programs for all levels of JCC camp professionals.
- Ongoing consultation and support for camp professionals and JCC/camp executive directors in the areas of recruitment, staff development and compensation.
- Oversight of JCC camps’ access to resources and programs, including day/resident camp professionals’ Listservs, JCCA.me intranet site, webinar and conference calls on a variety of topics, surveys and “best practice” documents, as well as a wealth of other information culled from camping and related fields.
- Access to a discounted J-1 visa program (for camp counselors), and enhanced service with the Jewish Agency for Israel’s Summer Shlichim Program.
- Access to new and ongoing initiatives designed to further their strategic development and promote success.