Due to overwhelming demand, JCC Association is offering an additional Discover CATCH training on November 10-12 (Sunday – Tuesday) at the Shimon and Sara Birnbaum JCC in Bridgewater, NJ! Program details are below. If you’re interested please let us know ASAP in order to secure a spot(attached is a flyer with a brief description of the program). Space is limited.
What you need to know:
- Each participating JCC will select three to five professionals to be trained as Discover CATCH: Early Childhood trainers. The training seminar takes three days. At least two of your JCC professionals must represent early childhood and sports and wellness. The 3rd -5th staffer can be a Jewish educator, nutritionist, program director, theater director, camp director, after-school personnel, etc. The choice is yours
- Upon completion of the training, your JCC will pick a date to train your center’s staff at your JCC facility. One of JCC Association’s master trainers will be onsite to oversee and assist in the local training. We believe this is the most effective and affordable model for JCC Association to reach more centers with this exceptional program. Also, your staff will be able to offer as many trainings as necessary at your JCC, train new staff as they come on board and retrain existing staff as needed.
While we are actively pursuing a number of funding possibilities with our FRD Department to help underwrite the cost of the program, there are no current sources available. Therefore, we have created a model to offer those JCCs wishing to implement the program as soon as possible:
We have created a budget model to provide training for your JCC at a cost of $4,000 which will cover up to 5 staff members.
The program fee covers:
- The three day training by JCC Association master trainers (trained by the University of Texas School of Public Health) for up to five JCC professionals
- Curriculum package which includes:
- Physical Activity Toolbox (over 400 activity cards, including adaptations for children with special needs
- Equipment (hoops, cones, beanbags, etc.)
- Parent Tips (communication with families)
- Training Manuals
- Support includes:
- Monthly consulting conference calls
- Each local JCC will be assigned a JCC Association point person for resources
- JCCA.me Discover CATCH resource page (available only to trained personnel)
- Travel costs for JCCA Master Trainer for local JCC one-day on site training
JCCs are responsible for the cost of all staff travel, lodging and dinners. The host community will sponsor the cost of breakfast and lunch for the trainers and trainees (up to 38 people).
This training option is a wonderful opportunity for a local donor to sponsor the Discover CATCH: Early Childhood program – someone who is interested in doing something meaningful for the JCC/community at a very small price.
The reaction to the program has been phenomenal, and we’re very excited to make it available to all JCCs. Attached are testimonials from the pilot participants. Discover: CATCH: Early Childhood is an important step on the road to improving our children’s health and wellness. We are proud to be your partner.
If you are interested and/or have any questions, please contact me by August 9, 2013.