Areas of expertise:
- • Developing a parent-school partnership and leveraging lay support to achieve school vision
- • Cultivating visionary leadership among professional staff
- • Strengthening skills required for difficult conversations with teachers and parents
- • Reflective supervision
- • Identifying collaborative opportunities between JCC program departments
- • Organizational and culture change
- • Family engagement and parent partnership
- • Expectant parent and new family program development
For the last 14 years, Caron has directly run and now supervises all of the JCC program departments that provide experiences for children under the age of 18, including the Early Childhood Center, day camps, overnight camp and family programs. Caron was the first director of the Shalom Baby program which has welcomed over 1000 new Jewish babies in the Denver area since 2002. Caron expanded programming for expectant parents and their young children to include family engagement experiences which supported families as they moved through their Jewish parenting journey. Caron has spoken nationally to lay and professional leadership about how to create similar programs in their organizations.
In 2007, Caron took over the supervision of the JCC Early Childhood Center and extended this vision of working with families to the school. Over the years, she cultivated a philosophy upheld now by all of the mission-based program departments of the JCC, which is steeped in substantive relationship building, Jewish family engagement, strong communication and parent partnership. Caron was instrumental in creating a new organizational structure in the Early Childhood Center which successfully aligned the school’s pedagogical vision with daily operations and restructured the administrative team; all of which has resulted in creating one of Denver’s top early childhood programs. Caron holds double Master’s Degrees in Social Work and Jewish Non-Profit Management from the University of Southern California and Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion.