Within their doors, on the playing fields, at camp and in the community, over the past 100 years, the JCCs have touched countless lives and inspired us through opportunities to create, learn and connect. To celebrate our Centennial, we want to tell the 100-year history of the JCC Movement and JWB Jewish Chaplains Council—and your story is part of it. Share your historic JCC photos with us and the stories which have touched your life behind them in our “Share Your JCC Story” Contest. There will be only three winners, and whether you tell it in words or pictures, or a combination of the two, you have a shot at the prizes—first prize is $300, second prize is $200 and third prize is $100.
What we’re looking for:
Share stories – 50 words to 500 words in length
Share photos – from the past 100 years, captioned or not
Contest Rules, Terms and Conditions
All entries are subject to these Contest Rules, Terms and Conditions.
How to Enter
Beginning on February 8, 2016, visit http://www.jcca.org/photos and follow the instructions provided to upload and submit your entry. All entries must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on February 29, 2016 to be eligible.
- Participants may submit as many entries as they like, however each entry should be substantially different from all other entries submitted by such participant.
- Each participant is only eligible to win one (1) prize in the contest.
- Entries for the contest must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday, February 29th, 2016.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older and a resident of the United States or Canada (except Quebec, where the contest is void) to enter.
- Entries must be submitted online only.
- All entries must include the participant’s full name, mailing address and a valid email address.
i. Submission: Photos must be submitted through our website, http://www.jcca.org/photos, only.
ii. Format: Photos must be submitted in .jpeg, .jpg, or .tif formats, preferably 300 D.P.I. If you need assistance scanning your photos, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
iii. File size: Each photo must be no larger than 20MB in size.
i. Submission: Stories must be submitted through our website, http://www.jcca.org/photos, only.
ii. Length: Stories must be between 50 and 500 words in length.
iii. Photos: Stories may have a photo accompany them.
Licenses and Permissions
- By submitting your photograph and/or story, you grant JCC Association and its affiliated JCCs permission to use and/or license the use of your photograph and/or story for all purposes, including marketing and promotion, in any media now or hereafter known including social media.
- By submitting your photograph and/or story, you also confirm that your photograph and/or story entry is your own, original work, and that you have all rights to the photograph and/or story, including permission from any subject(s) contained within the photograph and/or story.
- All entries will be shared by JCC Association with its affiliated JCCs through an internal database.
- Photo entries will be given the Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License by Creative Commons, accessible at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/legalcode.
- One or more winning photo entries may be featured on the JCC Association Facebook page as the cover photo.
- Story entries may be edited for clarity and style prior to use or publication by JCC Association or its affiliated JCCs.
Submission of an entry to this Contest constitutes an agreement on the part of the entrant to the conditions set forth above including permission granted to JCC Association and its affiliated JCCs to display winning entries and accompanying descriptions on JCC Association websites and in other JCC Association materials. JCC Association reserves the right to request original files for photographic entries and to reproduce photographic entry images in any format
By entering the Contest, entrants also agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) that the decisions of the Judges are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest; and (c) that, if an entrant wins, JCC Association and affiliated JCCs may use the winning photographs and stories, and each winner’s name, photograph, likeness, and/or voice in any publicity or advertising relating to the Contest or future promotions without compensation or approval (except where prohibited by law). All federal, state/provincial/territorial, and local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income, sales, withholding and import taxes) on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. In the event that the selected winners of any prize are ineligible, cannot be traced or does/do not respond to a winner notification within ten (10) days of initial winner notification attempt by JCC Association , or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited, and JCC Association, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another entrant.
The judging will consist of an internal evaluation by marketing and photographic experts (“Judges”). Judges will select three entries from among all eligible entries based on the following judging criteria applied equally:
(1) Photo and/or story or combination should embody the spirit of JCCs; (2)Photograph and/or story or combination quality and composition; (3) Creativity. The one (1) entry with the highest score will be deemed the potential first prize winner. The one (1) entry with the next highest score will be deemed the potential second prize winner. The one (1) entry with the next highest score will be deemed the potential third prize winner. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-submitted to judges for a re-judging between the tied entries alone. In the event that a tie remains after re-judging, the entry with the highest score in the embodiment of the spirit of JCCs category will be chosen as the winner. Decisions of the Judges are final and binding.
Prospective winners will be chosen on or about March 11, 2016, and contacted by email. Prospective winners may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and publicity and liability release (where permitted by law). All prospective winners are subject to confirmation of eligibility. Winners are responsible for all taxes associated with their prize.
Contest winners will be notified via mail, email and/or phone and then announced on or about March 31, 2016 via the JCCs of North America Facebook page, the JCC Association’s monthly eNews: JCC Circle Monthly, as well as on http://www.jcca.org.
INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, JCC Association reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify, or terminate the Contest.
For More Information
For more information about the “Share Your JCC Story & Photo” competition, contact JCC Association, 520 8th Avenue, 4th floor, New York, NY 10018, phone (212) 786-5087 or e-mail email@example.com.