The JCCs of North America Fantasy Football Challenge is back for its second year. We’re excited for the games to begin, but first we need to know if your JCC is ready to participate in this exciting program. The Challenge can provide buzz for your JCC, promote the community and build relationships with donors, volunteers, and even board members. There are fantastic prizes available through 15 weeks of competition.
What exactly is the JCCs of North America Fantasy Football Challenge? We’re glad you asked! Leverage the reach and growth of the Jewish Community Center Association across North America with leagues created across the country. JCCs form teams that create competition between friends, families, and local community participants. An honorary commissioner will be announced along with league and weekly prizes in the upcoming weeks.
Fantasy games are a way to allow you to live out what it would be like to own your professional football team, using real athletes and their real-life performances to generate points. There is a team owners draft allowing all of the leagues across the continent to fill the rosters with the best players available. Through the season, you and your team will set line-ups based on how well your picked players will perform. The better your line-ups, the more points you gather, and the closer you are to gaining prizes from our sponsors. Learn more about ESPN Fantasy Football.
- There is no cost to opt in to The Challenge. Yes, it is FREE. After opting in, you and your JCC are not required to do anything else (but are encouraged to get as excited as we are)!
- JCC Association creates the registration webpage, creates leagues for each JCC, handles all credit card transactions, sends weekly e-mails, distributes prizes and is there for questions, concerns and to help you promote The Challenge at your JCC.
- A JCC Coach can be anyone at your JCC and does not have to be your Executive Director. Some of our best and most active coaches from last year were in support staff, part-time, or non-related roles. They stepped up and were amazing team-players when it came to recruiting and promoting The Challenge.
- JCC Coaches do not need experience with fantasy football.
- JCC staff, JCC members, non-JCC members, family and friends (Jewish or not) are welcome to play and do not have to live near your JCC. Novices, experts, casual and competitive teams all welcome, as are two person teams with one party aged 18+.
- Each team will pay a $50 registration fee. We will be sending out more information on this in July.
- Requests to play with certain people are accommodated as best as possible to keep people with whom they’d like to play.
There is no fantasy league quite like this – an organized continental challenge that is exciting and community-minded. See if you have what it takes to make it to the top. Now is the time to join. You must opt in by Friday, June 29 at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Would your JCC would like to participate in this program
- Who should be used as a contact/point person (aka JCC coach) and their e-mail address and phone number. Please make sure this person is not participating in JCC Maccabi Games & ArtsFest.
Let the games begin!