Jewish and Educational Journeys for JCC Resident Camp Directors
Merrin Teen Professional Fellowship
Sheva Center Leadership Institute for Early Childhood Professionals
Sheva New Directors’ Learning Community
Lekhu Lakhem Fellows participate in a series of five seminars in North America and one extended seminar in Israel, along with an ongoing program of Jewish learning and educational mentoring. Hemshekh Fellows also participate in ongoing Jewish learning and educational mentoring, as well as two seminars in North America.
The content of the seminars focus on Jewish education and camp leadership, using texts to grapple with issues of philosophy, Jewish vision, camp administration and Jewish educational leadership. All these subjects are examined within the context of JCC camps and the issues that our directors face in the course of their work.
Lekhu Lakhem aims to provide senior camp personnel with:
- An understanding that by virtue of their positions as directors of JCC camps, they are, in fact, Jewish educators, and that there is Jewish educational import to all their decisions
- An accessible, positive, enriching experience with Jewish learning
- The ability to articulate a vision for their camps as Jewish educational institutions
- A set of skills and strategies to translate their new Jewish visions into the life and programs of their camps
- An understanding of how a Jewish camp community is built and operates
- A professional development experience that will enhance the course and content of their careers and make them recognized, potent change agents and leaders within the field of JCC camping and within the greater JCC Movement
For an opportunity to participate in continued learning, camp directors can participate in Netivim.
Dr. David Ackerman
Leads the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Center for Jewish Education, which helps JCCs improve their ability to be excellent venues for Jewish living and learning through the Jewish and educational training and development of senior personnel, along with elevating the Judaic nature of JCCs in all program areas.Contact David