Forward 2022 FAQs
What is Forward 2022?
JCC Association of North America is pleased to offer JCCs of North America Forward 2022: A Gathering of the JCC Movement Senior Leadership.
Forward 2022 will be a forum for senior leaders of JCCs and JCC Association of North America to reflect on our collective experiences throughout the pandemic and on the unique opportunities we will have as a movement once the pandemic recedes. We will focus on the future—on partnership and collaboration, on leadership and service, and on charting a course to greater Jewish community and to more vibrant Jewish life from coast to coast.
Who is invited?
Forward 2022 will bring together the most devoted and influential lay and professional leaders from our 170 JCC communities across North America. JCCs will be invited to send delegates to include the CEO/executive director, current board chair, and two additional top lay leaders, including, as appropriate, the next board chair. This invitation-only approach will allow intimate conversations and deliberations between and among our movement’s primary local decision-makers and the members of JCC Association’s board of directors.
What are the dates for Forward 2022?
The program will begin on Sunday, March 27, 2022, at 2 p.m. (CDT) and will conclude at 12:30 p.m. (CDT) on Tuesday, March 29, 2022.
Where will Forward 2022 be held?
Forward 2022 will be held at The Westin Galleria Houston (5060 West Alabama). JCC Association has secured a special room block rate of $187 per night at the hotel. Delegates will be notified when the link to book this room rate is active.
All meals will be kosher, under the supervision of Houston Kashruth Association (HKA) kosherhouston.org.
Why should I participate?
There are many outstanding reasons to attend this limited gathering, during which you will have opportunities to:
- Discuss and deliberate major issues, challenges, and opportunities facing the local and North American Jewish communities. By sharing local communities’ experiences and expertise, their leaders will help guide the conversation and the direction of the JCC Movement.
- Build and strengthen relationships between and among senior lay and professional leaders within our movement.
- Energize and inspire colleagues—and yourself—about the exciting work that lies ahead.
- Participate in rousing, full-conference gatherings; more intimate, hands-on sessions; and networking opportunities and meals with other delegates and partners.
Will Forward 2022 include adjacent events and meetings?
Yes, these other meetings and events will take place immediately following the conclusion of Forward 2022:
- JCC Association of North America Board Meeting will convene on Tuesday, March 29, from 1–3 p.m. (CDT).
- JCCs of North America Mifgash: Executive Leadership Forum will commence on Tuesday, March 29, at 3:30 p.m. (CDT) and will conclude on Wednesday, March 30, at 12:30 p.m. (CDT).
Can my significant other attend?
Given the focused and deliberative nature of Forward 2022, attendance at all sessions and meals will be limited to delegates only.
How can I register?
Once registration is open, delegates will receive an email (and a link) alerting them to register for the event.
In addition, JCC Association board members will receive specific information about the March 29, 2022, meeting, and CEOs/executive directors will receive specific information about the March 29–30 Mifgash: Executive Leadership Forum.
What airport is closest to the hotel?
Two airports serve the Houston area:
- George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) is 27 miles from the hotel.
- William P Hobby (HOU) is 17 miles from the hotel.
What COVID-19 protocols will be in place for conference participants?
JCC Association is closely monitoring state, local, venue, and CDC regulations and guidance regarding COVID protocols to ensure the health and safety of all. We also will be guided by a team of medical advisors.
I have additional questions. How can I get more information?
For all other Forward 2022 questions, email Forward2022@jcca.org.