JCC Movement Statement of Principles for the 21st Century
JCC Movement Vision and Statement of Principles
Read the Vision and Statement of Principles
An Introduction to the Statement of Principles
Commentary from Leading Jewish Thinkers
Frequently Asked Questions
JCC programs, services, and connections will support a diverse and thriving Jewish people-and as appropriate, the broader community-in making fulfilling and healthy life choices. Through this work, we will model a world in which, more than ever, Jewish wisdom is valued; differences are respected; communities are built; creativity is encouraged, and aspirations are realized in exciting and powerful new ways.
The JCC’s primary purpose is to strengthen Jewish life and is built upon these principles:
- Creating a Jewish identity is a unique and individual life-long process.
- Respecting and supporting diverse Jewish opinions, beliefs, and practices are essential for strong and enduring Jewish communities.
- Interaction between diverse groups of Jews is critical for the well-being and future of the Jewish people.
- Jewish living and learning sit at the heart of the JCC.
- Israel is an eternal birthright of the Jewish people, linking us to our past and to Jews around the world today.
- Strong Jewish communities benefit, and benefit from, their larger communities.
Download a PDF of the JCC Movement Vision and Statement of Principles.